How to update Apple TV to latest tvOS Beta without Mac device
This tutorial provides this information about how to obtain the latest beta for your Apple TV without the help of a PC, Mac, or USB-C cable, you will first need to be a developer to access the Configuration Profile. The DropBox app will also come in handy, along with the Remote app for the iPhone.
How to update to the latest tvOS without a Mac:
- You will need to go to Apple’s developer website to download the Configuration Profile. Save the newly downloaded Configuration Profile to a folder on DropBox, this will allow you to access it from the DropBox app on your iPhone
- Go to Settings>General>Privacy and highlight Send to Apple on your Apple TV.
- On the Siri Remote press the Play button.
- Once in the menu, click Add Profile and OK.
- Erase or delete the whole URL text on-screen.
- Open the DropBox on the iPhone and open the folder that has the Configuration Profile.
- Press the down button near the Configuration Profile, and tap Send Link, and tap Copy Link in the Share Sheet.
- Open the Remote app on your iPhone and connect to the Apple TV.
- Press on the Keyboard button, and paste in the URL that was copied in the above step.
- At the end of the URL you will need to get rid of the 0 or zero with a 1. After replacing the numbers, go back with the Return key on the keyboard.
- After the profile is added, you should see a request to restart your Apple TV. To complete this step, click Restart Now.
- After your Apple TV reboots, go to Settings>System>Software Updates and check to see if there are any new updates. If you aren’t already on the new beta, you should be able to download and install the beta.
This method allows folks to use their iPhone and Apple TV instead of using a Mac, PC or having to use a USB-C cable to update to the latest tvOS beta version.