Apple released iOS 8.2 to the public and this is second biggest update to iOS 8 is available to customers over the air currently, and should soon be available to customers through iTunes. This update brings support for the latest Apple wearable Apple Watch and also includes improvements to the Health app, increased stability and bug fixes
This includes the Apple Watch applications which will let you pair your watch to your phone, as well as download apps for it. The initial beta release of iOS 8.2 included the WatchKit SDK, which allows developers to build apps for the Watch.Here Let us discuss the changes that found in this new iOS 8.2.
- New Apple Watch application to pair and sync with iPhone, and to customize watch settings.
- New Activity app for viewing fitness data and achievements from Apple Watch; appears when Apple Watch is paired.
- Available on iPhone 5 and later.
- Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for distance, body temperature, height, weight and blood glucose.
- Improves stability while dealing with large amount of data.
- Includes the ability to add and visualize workout sessions from 3rd-party apps.
- Addresses the issue that will prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID.
- Fixes units for vitamins and minerals.and Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changing data source order.
- Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance and flights climbed.
- The stability enhancements includes mail, Flyover in maps, Music, Voice Over reliability and connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids.
- Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered.
- Fixes an issue where deleted audio books sometimes remained on device.
- Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free.
- Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music application.
- Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations.
- Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t auto-corrected.
- Fixes a certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway.
- Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten.