After releasing iOS 11.2 beta 2 exclusively for iPhone X on Friday, Apple has now released it for other iPhone and iPad models. Along with the release of iOS 11.2 beta 2, the company has also released beta 2 for WatchOS 4.2, tvOS 11.2 and MacOS 10.13.2. The official versions of these OS are expected to launch later this month or in the next month.
iOS 11.2 beta 2 does come with a number of changes. The official version, when it comes, is expected to support Airplay 2 Support along with Apply Pay Cash. Some of the changes, which are included in the latest beta are
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X wallpapers are now available for the older iPhones.
- Feedback app has been included so that the users can report bugs easily.
- Much hyped calculator bug has been fixed.
- New emojis and existing tweaked ones
The official release docs released by Apple read as below
New in iOS 11.2
Introductory Pricing for Auto-Renewable Subscriptions
Soon, you’ll be able to offer new customers a discounted introductory price for your auto- renewable subscriptions on the App Store. iOS 11.2 introduces new classes (SKProductDiscount and SKProductSubscriptionPeriod) and new properties on SKProduct (subscriptionPeriod and introductoryPrice) to provide details on the introductory pricing and billing period you’ve selected for your auto-renewable subscriptions. You can use these new API additions to localize and display information about introductory pricing to your users. You’ll be able to configure introductory pricing on your in-app purchase page in iTunes Connect soon.
Notes and Known Issues
- Continuing from a breakpoint while debugging an ARSession may result in VIO breaking. Any visual objects placed in the world/anchor are not visible. (31561202)
- AVCameraCalibrationData now contains correct information for the intrinsicMatrix property when using the TrueDepth camera on iPhone X. (34200225)
- InitializinganEKCalendarChooserfromEventKitnolongerresultinanappcrash. (34608102)
Workaround: Use startSecureConnection to establish a secure connection.
Photos UI API Extensions
- In iOS 11.2 beta 1 or later, the user interface of a photo editing extension is no longer limited to the safe area. Apple recommends following the Human Interface Guidelines for content insets. (34189209)
- Playing a podcast with chapter markers will no longer crash Podcasts. (35117025)
- For a broadcast extension that a user starts from within an app, the value for the RPVideoSampleOrientationKey of the CMSampleBufferRef of type RPSampleBufferType is always portrait. Starting the broadcast extension from the Control Center returns the correct value. (34559925)
- DisplayingapagecontrolinUIPageViewControlleroniPhoneXnolongeroverlaps the home indicator at the bottom of the screen. (34478195)
- UsingamodelthatoutputsanimagewithVNCoreMLRequestnowworkscorrectly. (34023914)
- VNHomographicImageRegistrationRequest and VNDetectBarcodesRequest now work correctly with images when using a request handler based on a URL. (34919881)
- VNFaceLandmarkRegion2D is currently unavailable in Swift. (33191123)
- Facial landmarks identified by the Vision framework may flicker in temporal use cases such as video. (32406440)
Xcode Known Issues
- Debugging a disabled Messages extension may cause Messages to crash. (33657938)
Workaround: Enable the extension before starting the debug session.
- After a simulated iOS device starts up, it’s not possible to pull down the Lock screen. (33274699)
Workaround: Lock and unlock the simulated device and then reopen Home screen.
Notes and Known Issues
- Under certain conditions, iTunes Store sign-in can fail when pairing. (35011633)
Workaround: Tap ‘Skip This Step’ to continue pairing and sign-in afterwards by launching Watch > General > Apple ID.
- In some cases, app icons may appear as placeholder images. (35146952)
Workaround: Uninstall and reinstall the app.