Apple has released OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 to all the public users and this update mainly focus on the security and stability improvements. This version fixed the networking issues, fixes for mail, improvements in photo migration from iPhoto and Aperture and many more. The first beta testing of this version was done late April with Mac developers.
OS X 10.10.4 can be download from the software mechanism in the Mac App Store. The security updates are also available for OS X Mavericks and OS X Mountain Lion Users. In this article let us discuss in detail about what are the new things in this latest version of Mac OS :
- Improves network reliability and migration Assistant reliability.
- Addressed an issue that prevented some external display from the functional properly.
- We can see the improvements in iPhoto and aperture libraries to photos.
- Improves the reliability when syncing photos and videos to iCloud photo library.
- Fixes all the previous bugs.
One of the major change in this latest version is discoveryd process where this is a networking process introduced in Yosemite to replace mDNS responder but it cause problems like slow wake from sleep, failure to resolve DNS names, duplicate machine names, WiFi disconnects, Excessive CPU usage, battery drain and many more. Here the discoveryd is replaced with older mDNSresonder process.
This version was in testing for more than two months before the public release before the launch of OS X 10.11.EI Capitan we can expert one more update for OS X 10.10.4. The next generation Mac’s Operating system is also in process.