At World Wide Developers Conference WWDC 2015 Apple introduced iOS 9 and now after two weeks Apple released iOS 9 beta 2 and this latest version is supported by iPhone, iPad and iPod touches to the registered developers. Apple also released the Watch OS 2 beta 2 along with iOS 9 beta 2. In this article let us discuss the changes that can be seen in this versions.
What’s new in iOS 9 beta 2 :
- Application deletion : iOS 9 beta 2 offers the temporary app deletion to make room for software updates, once the update is completed then apps will reinstated along with settings and data.
- Apple’s Podcasts app features a refreshed app icon, with the app itself receiving minor cosmetic changes.
- Handoff is now available as the leftmost card in iOS 9’s redesigned multitasking view. The feature was unavailable in the iOS App Switcher in the first iOS 9 beta.
- When you phone battery is low, you can enable low power mode which reduces the consuming the power until you change fully. In this mode all the automatic downloads will be disabled.
- New keyboard for iPad where you will find new undo and redo buttons in the place of copy and paste buttons.
- The iCloud section in the stock Settings app now has a placeholder toggle to enable Apple News syncing
- we can find some changes in Safari like separate toggles for the Tab and Favorites bar. An option to enable and manage Content Blockers in Safari has been removed from the Settings app.
- The spotlight search in this version includes section in settings.
The new watchOS 2 beta 2 can be deployed on watches that run the first beta as an over-the-air update through the Software Update feature within the Apple Watch Companion app on an iPhone running iOS 9 Developer Preview. Both iOS 9 beta 2 and Watch OS beta 2 is available for register developers on Developer Center.