Apple has introduced quick reply feature in Messages app in iOS 8, which is an innovative feature which allows the users to reply to the messages directly from the notification center, instead of opening and replying to the message. However, this amazing feature is only limited to the Messages app, but not available for third party messaging apps like WhatsApp. Let us see here, how to enable this feature on WhatsApp.
How to enable quick reply on WhatsApp in iOS 8
This can be done by using Nuntius which is the Cydia tweak for iOS which let the users to reply for the WhatsApp messages directly from the iPhone’s notification center.
- Nuntius is available in beta version, so add repo from http://sharedroutine.com/repo/ in Cydia sources and install this tweak from here. After installing nuntius, Quick Reply for WhatsApp will gets enabled.
- When you receive any message in WhatsApp, bring down the notification center and tap on notifications from top.
- Now you can see the notifications that are queued up. Tap on the WhatsApp notification which you want to reply.
- Slide down by tapping on the notification and it will reveal text field where you want to write the message.
- Now type the message in that text field and then tap send. This will send the message.
That’s it, from now whenever you want to reply for a WhatsApp message no need to go into the app. This tweak doesn’t need to be configured and it don’t have preference panels in the Settings app. However this is the great tweak, but still it is having some bugs which are to be addressed.