Basically a clean install involves erasing the Mac drive and starting fresh with a new installation of OS X and users who opt for clean installs usually rely on their own personal backups to restore their personal file and data. Most of the Mac users are well served by running the normal update process to OS X EI Capitan after it has been downloaded from the Mac App Store. This post provides the information about how to clean install OS X EI Capitan on Mac. simply follow the steps given below :
How to clean Install OS X EI Capitan on Mac :
- Start and complete a backup with Time Machine before beginning and also you can alternatively you can own backups manually. (Back up all important files like pictures, documents and many)
- Not connect the boot able USB EI Capitan install drive to the Mac, then reboot the Mac.
- After you hear to boot immediately start holding the OPTION key during boot, continue to hold until you see a boot loader menu appear, at this screen choose “Install OS X El Capitan”.
- Under OS Utilities screen select Disk utility.
- Now select Macintosh HD and then click on Erase button.
- Give the drive a name or keep it the same, and under Format choose OS X Extended, then click on Erase and this will erase everything on the Mac.
- Once the drive is finished erasing, exit out of the disk utility to return to the OS X utilities screen.
- Now choose Install OS X from the menu, click continue.
- Agree the terms and conditions, and choose Macintosh HD from the list and click on Install.
- That’s it.