Apple ID holds personal information which includes bank details, personal photos, iMessages and its better secure it using two-step authentication. Two-step verification adds an additional barrier of security between would-be hackers and your account. The extra barrier comes in the form of a four-digit code, which will be sent to a device of your choosing, after you’ve entered your password.
If you’re not aware of how to enable setup two-step verification for Apple ID then follow the steps given below :
- To add the extra layer of security to your account you’ll need to visit the Apple ID settings page on your computer and click on “Manage your Apple ID.” Log in to the account for which you wish to enable two-step verification.
- Click on the Password and Security option on the left side of the screen. Then you should see a get started link to enable two-step verification for your account.
- After clicking the link, Apple will take you through a couple of pages explaining exactly what two-step verification means to you and your account. Here after your security questions will no longer exist and you will be the only person able to request a password reset. you need to keep your Recovery Key in a safe place.
- Once you acknowledge you’ve read through the guidelines, you’ll need to add a device to your account, granting permission to receive the four-digit code required to gain access to your account.
- If you use one Apple ID for App Store purchases, and another to access iCloud services, you’ll need to set up the App Store account to be SMS only.
- The iCloud-only account will be able to use both Find My iPhone and SMS to receive the four-digit code. Thankfully, you can link the same phone number to more than one Apple ID.
- You will get the recovery key, where this is a key piece of information when it comes to keeping your account secure. Write it down, print it out, and take a screenshot of it to ensure you don’t misplace it. Should you ever forget your password, or lose a registered device, your Recovery Key will grant you access to your account.
- The final step of the process is once again agreeing to the implications of enabling two-step verification on your account.
If you sell, replace, or lose one of your registered devices, make sure to visit this page as soon as possible. Where the process takes only few minutes