Microsoft has recently announced its much awaited Windows 10 Operating System and it also released Windows 10 Technical preview to the developers. If you wan’t to give it a try on your Mac device, then here is the tutorial how to do so.
How to install Windows 10 on mac
- To install Windows 10 on Mac, you need to install Parallels Desktop 10 on your Mac. Download trial version of Parallels desktop 10 from here.
- Now you need to download Windows 10 Technical Preview. Follow below procedure to download it.
- Go to insider.windows.com and click on join now to register.
- After completing the signup process, click on the link to the ISO specific to your setup.
- After downloading ISO file, transfer it to the USB flash drive. You can also burn this ISO file onto the CD/DVD, but this process is time consuming.
- Use that DVD or USB flash drive and boot up your PC from this installation media and then follow the instructions shown on screen.
- Now download Windows 10 Technical Preview VM shell and unzip the file to documents/parallels.
- In the parallels folder, you will find Windows 10 shell.pvm file and double click on it and then click on copied in dialog box.
- In the next dialog box, select don’t change
- Now in the preboot execution environment screen, choose actions from top, a drop will be displayed and select stop.
- Click on actions again, followed by configure>hardware>CD/DVD 1 page>Connect to:>choose an img file. Here locate the image file WindowsTechnicalPreview.iso which you have downloaded.
- Next open Windows 10 Technical Preview VM shell Virtual machine which you have downloaded in step 3 and proceed with the installation process.
- After completing the installation process, create an user account for the Windows 10 Technical preview desktop.
- Finally you need to install Parallels Tools from Actions>install parallel tools.
That’s it, you have finally installed Windows 10 Technical Preview on Mac.