The iOS 12 developer beta 3 has arrived right after the second beta which released two weeks before. The new beta is expected to bring bug fixes and improvements in stability. Apple is also releasing the new version of maps with in-house mapping data for the Bay area.
iOS 12 comes with new updates and improvements for iPhones and iPads. It will include improvements in performance, ARKit 2.0 with shared experiences, more refined search and sharing feature for photos, Siri access to third-party apps and Siri shortcuts based on workflow. In addition to this, there will be updates to Stocks, Apple Books, Voice Memos, and Apple News. It will also have updates on Do Not Disturb, manageable notifications, Screen Time parental controls, Memoji in messages, and increase the number of users in FaceTime to 32.
With the release of beta 2, there were more changes such as Podcasts app showing Now Playing indicator on playing chapters, new splash screen for Voice Memos app and ScreenTime in Settings, wew arrow launcher for Shortcuts in the Spotlight, softer location icon present the in status bar.
Whats new in iOS 12 beta 3?
- New springy animation is added to Clear All Notifications
- Apple Watch Face Gallery now only highlights new Siri watch face updates (previously showed watchOS 4 faces)
- Redesigned Voice Memos app for iPads
- Tweaks made to the effect picker in FaceTime
- Fixes are made to CarPlay, when using side and backup cameras
- Watch app now shows third party apps that work with Siri watch face
- 11 Activity app stickers with animation which does not require Special Challenge to unlock