Apple has introduced an Continuity feature in iOS 8.1 version. This continuity feature allows you to send and receive calls and messages, Text messages will be displayed in the green bubble kind in iPad through its built-in Messaging app, similar to how it is displayed on iPhone. If, both your iPad and iPhone are online, as soon as your iPhone receives a text message or MMS, then it will be forwarded to Apple’e messaging servers to your iPad. This means that whenever you are working on iPad and you need to send a message then no need to check for your iPhone.
How to send SMS from iPad using relay
To setup SMS/MMS relay on your phone, these are requirements
- Both iPhone and iPad should be running on iOS 8.1 or later
- Both should be connected to internet and logged with same Apple ID account
How to enable SMS relay on iPhone
- Open settings on your iPhone
- Tap on messages and on text message forwarding
- Now turn on then toggle for forwarding on to your iPad
- Wait for few seconds for your iPad to display an authorization code
- Enter that authorization code on your iPhone. That’s it SMS relay is enabled on your iPad and iPhone
How to send SMS/MMS from iPad
- Open messages app on your iPad and tap on compose message button
- Now enter the contact name or phone number for whom you want to text
- Type your text message and hit on send
How to reply to SMS/MMS from iPad
Receiving text messages is similar to that of receiving an iMessage on iPhone.
- Just tap on the notification you received to quick reply an you will be taken to Messages app
- Open Messages app anytime to reply to SMS/MMS.
That’s it. You can also receive free SMS and send SMS using the methods shared above.