1.) Making an archived backup of your iPad or iPhone:
- First plug the iPhone to your MAC or PC and open iTunes
- Click on iPhone/iPad icon in the menu bar and make sure backup is set to this Computer.
- Click on backup now and back up apps if asked. Press command and click on preferences.
- Click on devices tab, option-click on your backup and choose archive. Archiving will prevent your current backup from being overwritten by an iOS back in the future
2.) Registering your account for the iOS 12 beta:If you’ve already registered for Apple public beta, then no need to register again.
- First, go to beta.apple.com in your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on sign up and enter your Apple ID email and password.
- Tap sign in accept terms and conditions.
3.) Enrolling your iPad/iPhone to iOS 12 public beta:
- Go to beta.apple.com.
- Tap on install in the upper right corner and enter your passcode.
- Tap on install to consent the beta agreement.
- Tap on install in the bottom to confirm and restart your device.
- Once your device restarts iOS 12 should’ve started downloading automatically.
4.) Installation of iOS 12 public beta:
- Open settings in your device and click on general to open software update.
- Tap on download and install, enter your passcode and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Again tap on agree to confirm. Now your device will reboot to install iOS 12.
5.) How to get started with the public beta:
- Once your device reboots, Tap on continue and enter your Apple ID password to allow the iCloud settings to update.
- Once that is done you will be on the home screen and start using your device.