An Australian federal court has ordered Apple to pay AUD 9 Million (USD 6.7 Million) for allegedly misleading the customers in infamous error 53 case. The...
Tag - Tim Cook
Tim Cook is the CEO of the company with the world’s largest market capitalization. With his status, he’s a hugely powerful player in technology, design, publishing, and entertainment.
Early life and education
Cook was born in Mobile, Alabama, United States on 1 November 1960. Cook graduated from Robertsdale High School. He earned a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in industrial engineering from Auburn University and his Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business.
Tim Cook is the CEO of Apple and serves on its Board of Directors.
Before this, Tim was Apple’s Chief Operating Officer.
Cook joined Apple as senior vice president of worldwide operation in 1998. Prior to joining Apple, Tim was vice president of Corporate Materials for Compaq.
Previous to his work at Compaq, Tim was the chief operating officer of the Reseller Division at Intelligent Electronics.
Tim has also worked for 12 years with IBM, most recently as director of North American Fulfilment where he led manufacturing and distribution functions for IBM’s Personal Computer Company in North and Latin America.
Responsibilities in Apple
Before being named CEO, he was responsible for all of the company’s worldwide sales and operations, including end-to-end management of Apple’s supply chain, sales activities, and service and support in all markets and countries. He also headed Apple’s Macintosh division and played a key role in the continued development of strategic reseller and supplier relationships, ensuring flexibility in response to an increasingly demanding marketplace.
Now, he serves on apple’s Board of Directors.
- He was named one of Forbes magazine’s “World’s Most Powerful People” in 2011.
- In 2014, Cook was inducted into the Alabama Academy of Honor, the highest honor Alabama gives its citizens.
- He received an honorary doctorate from George Washington University in 2015.
- Tim Cook donated $50 million to Stanford hospitals, including $25m for a new children’s hospital in 2012. He also made a $50 million donation to the charity Product Red which works to combat health issues like AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
- In March 2015, he announced that he planned to donate his entire fortune to charity and stated that he would develop a systematic approach to philanthropy.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook will be investing $350 billion in the U.S. economy over the next five years, creating more than 20,000 jobs.
- Tim Cook has confirmed that the tech giant is working on ‘autonomous systems’ (top secret driverless car project).
- Cook also told that Apple is looking at scaling its manufacturing effort in India.
- He also confirmed that Apple is working on its iOS updates. The new updates will have more battery data and the option to not have the phone throttled.
After teasing a possible launch in May this year, Apple has officially launched its payment service in Poland. The move was announced after Apple updated the...
Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, gave an interview this evening, where he talked about all of his iPhone routine habits to the value of privacy. On gadget usage, Cook...
In an interview with Bloomberg’s “The David Rubenstein Show: Peer-to-Peer Conversations” television show, Tim Cook confirmed that Apple Music now has a total...
Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple attended a private meeting with United States President Donald Trump on Wednesday, April 25. The discussion was focused on the trade...
Well college days are certainly special to every individual and it’s those days that shape an individual to be a perfect fit for the corporate world. And...
Airtel and Jio have launched the cellular version of Apple Watch 3 on Friday. The Indian carriers are offering the customers free integration to their postpaid...
Well, the Apple watch was one of the products that were the first to be made after Steve jobs had ended his rein in the company, given that the design chief of...
Well certainly the iPhone X is a device with features to be reckoned with given that the Spanish –language edition of People magazine includes a section...
Last month 9to5mac reported that Apple CEO, Tim Cook might face deposition over Qualcomm patent royalties in June. Now, another high ranking official has also...