If you want to know print History on Mac, It might be useful for you to know if there have been any printing jobs in your absence or how many failed print attempts there have been. Whatever the reason is, here is the set of steps using which, you can see the print history on your Mac using the simplest way available.
- Click on Launchpad in your dock and search for and click on “Terminal”. It will launch the Terminal app for you.
- Once the application is opened type in the command as given below in the terminal,
this command makes Terminal app to enable the web interface on your machine.
- It will not bring any output to your screen. When that is done, close the app. So after enabling the web interface, let’s see how you can use it to view your printing history.
- Open any web browser on your Mac and enter the following address into the address bar and press Enter. It will open the web interface that you enabled in the above section.
- On the page that opens, click on the “Jobs” tab. It is one of the tabs located on the top bar which shows all the print jobs done from your device.
- To see the complete jobs, tap on the button saying ” Show complete jobs “. If you click on the button then it will show you all of the completed jobs on your machine.
- In the page of completed print jobs on your machine you can see various columns which provide you with the information for the individual print jobs. It lets you see what printer was used to print the page or pages, size, number of pages that were printed, and completion date and time.
- If you wish to search for a particular job, you can use the search bar on the top that lets you easily locate the print jobs you are looking for. Clicking on the printer ’s name should let you see the printings that have been done using that particular.It’s very useful as it lets you know what printer is the most used in your office.
That’s it. This short guide should get your work done and reveal the print history on your mac device. If you still have an unsolved issue, feel free to let me know in the comment section and I will try my best to solve that for you ASAP.