Wiping of personal data can be due to various reasons. Either you might be selling your device or just looking to reset it completely, in both such cases, you’d want to wipe off personal data from the iPhone or iPad. This short tutorial will guide you to do exactly the same and using this, you will be able to completely wipe off personal data. These steps will work for all iOS versions including latest iOS 11 and iOS 12.
Just follow the step-by-step guide below
- Initially you have to turn off Find my iPhone, if you have enabled it.
- You can turn off through Settings >> iCloud >>Turn off the Find My iPhone option.
- Before erasing your data you have to make sure that you have backed everything on iCloud or iTunes. Then you won’t get it back.
- Once you done with this steps go to general >> reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings. This will completely erase your device and turn off iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center, and other services. You will see an Apple logo and a progress bar during the data removal process. Once completed, all the data on your iPhone are erased.
- Your device will reboot after a few minutes and all your personal data should be gone and again look like the day you pulled it out of the box. When the device is turned on for the first time by the new owner, Setup Assistant will guide them through the setup process.
If you are using iCloud and find my iPhone on the device, you can erase the device remotely and remove it from the account by signing into iCloud, selecting the device and clicking erase. When the device has been erased, click remove from account.