In iOS 8 iMessage got more new add-on’s and one of them is adding new people to an existing iMessage group. In stead of having to start a brand new conversation, you can just quickly add someone to the existing group chat with few clicks. In this article let us discuss how to add new person to a group iMessage thread on iOS 8 by following the steps given below :
How to add new people to a group iMessage thread on iOS 8
This trick works only if all the people in the thread using iMessage, If the thread shows green bubbles instead of blue, it is not possible to add additional participants. You also can’t turn an individual message thread into a group thread. It must be an existing group thread with at least 2 members.
The newly added person will only see the messages from that moment they are added on, it means earlier messages they can’t view. Let us see the steps to add new person to group.
- Initially you have to open the Messages application.
- Tap on the existing group message thread that you would like to add some.
- Tap on details at the top and tap on add contact.
- Now you have to choose the contact you would like to add, even you can select the multiple people from the contact list. Once you’re finished selecting contacts tap on done.
- The selected person will be added to group instantly.