Though Apple products stay away from bugs, in recent times bugs have been increased. Now let us see about how to fix an iPhone which is stucked in Sign into iCloud account loop, which could be possible in two situations such as when updating your phone and other situation is due to some technical issues with Wi-Fi network. This tutorial explains how to fix that bug.
How to fix iPhone stuck in Sign into iCloud screen
This method is for when the iPhone is stucked in the first situation.
- First visit https://appleid.apple.com/ and login here using your current Apple ID by clicking on Manage your Apple ID.
- In the next screen, click on edit which is present next to Apple ID and Primary email address.
- Change the Apple ID which appears in your iCloud account and this resets your phone.
- Again you need to enter your iCloud login details and enter your Apple ID here.
- The helps you in getting rid of password look and you need to delete the iCloud account. After doing this you need to login to appleid.apple.com once again.
- Now change the Apple ID for the iCloud account which you want to use and save it and confirm it.
Above solution works when you stucked in the first situation and this solution is for when your iPhone is stucked in the second situation. Wi-Fi is the cause for the lots of bugs in the Apple devices and this is also due to Wi-Fi issue. To fix this issue you need to reboot your device and when restarting it will take sometime to initialize the things before accessing iCloud. In this team you need to setup the Wi-Fi network with the password by going to settings > Wi-Fi. You need to take the backup of your device.
- Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
- In the iTunes click on iPhone from sidebar and right click on iPhone again and click on backup now.
- Now your phone will backed up and in the meantime join the Wi-Fi network since you doesn’t get any popup now.
- After backup is done, disconnect iPhone from your computer and again signin to your iCloud account. If the popup comes again enter your iCloud account details.
If this bug hasn’t fixed yet, restore your device again and it will ask you to join Wi-Fi network and you need to sign into your iCloud account and it may resolve this problem.