The Two-Step authentication is one of the common way to protect and secure your accounts, This authentication ask you to authenticate that you are who you say you are by supplying not only your password but also a unique code supplied from your phone or an external application. It ensures that those accessing your accounts have access to your physical devices and also to your virtual passwords which makes a simple password crack or social engineering hack a lot more insufficient in actually accessing your personal data. In this article let us discuss how to set up two-step authentication for Google, Gmail on Apple devices.
How to set up two-step authentication for Google, Gmail on Apple devices
Google is the first company to offer the two-step authentication for the users, even this company offers to create a third party who want to use this offer two-step authentication support for their services called Google authenticator. Facebook, Tumblr, and Drop Box are the some of the companies who uses this service. Let us discuss how to set up this service on your Apple devices.
- Initially you have visit two-step authentication page and click on get started.
- Enter your Google email and password.
- Now tap on the start setup button.
- Add a Phone number to receive the six digit verification code.
- Now verify that six digit code that you receive from Google.
- Here Choose whether or not to add your current computer as a trusted device.
- Finally confirm that you wish to turn on two-step verification