Ric Flair is a retired professional wrestler and wrestling manager who is widely regarded as one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. He has a career spanning over 50 years and has won numerous championships and accolades in various promotions. He is currently working as a WWE legend and a mentor for his daughter Charlotte Flair, who is also a successful wrestler.
In this article, we will explore Ric Flair’s net worth, biography, career, achievements, and social media presence. We will also answer some frequently asked questions about the Nature Boy and his legacy.
Ric Flair Biography
|February 25, 1949
|Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
|Richard Reid Fliehr
|Wendy Barlow (current), Leslie Goodman (1971-1983),
Elizabeth Harrell (1983-2006), Tiffany VanDemark (2006-2009),
Jackie Beems (2009-2014)
|University of Minnesota
Ric Flair Net Worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Ric Flair’s net worth is estimated to be around $500 thousand as of September 2023. This is a relatively low figure for someone who has had such a long and successful career in wrestling. However, this is due to several factors that have affected his finances over the years.
Some of these factors are:
- He has had four divorces that have cost him millions of dollars in alimony and settlements.
- Ric Flair has had legal troubles with various promoters and companies over unpaid debts and royalties.
- He has had health issues that have required expensive treatments and surgeries.
- Ric has had a lavish lifestyle that has involved spending money on cars, houses, clothes, jewelry, alcohol, and women.
Despite these challenges, Ric Flair has managed to maintain his passion for wrestling and his popularity among fans. He has also earned money from various sources such as endorsements, appearances, merchandise sales, podcasts, documentaries, and video games.
About Ric Flair
Ric Flair was born as Richard Morgan Fliehr on February 25, 1949, in Memphis, Tennessee. He was adopted by Richard and Kathleen Fliehr, who raised him in Edina, Minnesota. He was an active athlete in high school, participating in football, track, and wrestling. He dropped out of college to pursue a career in professional wrestling.
He trained with Verne Gagne and made his debut in 1972 for the American Wrestling Association (AWA). He soon adopted the ring name Ric Flair and the persona of the Nature Boy, a flamboyant and charismatic character who wore flashy robes and boasted about his lifestyle. He joined the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) in 1974 and became one of its top stars. He won his first NWA World Heavyweight Championship in 1981 and went on to defend it across the world.
Some of Ric Flair’s career highlights and achievements are:
- He is a 16-time world champion, holding the NWA World Heavyweight Championship eight times, the WCW World Heavyweight Championship six times, and the WWF Championship twice.
- He is the first and only two-time WWE Hall of Famer, being inducted individually in 2008 and as a member of the Four Horsemen in 2012.
- Ric Flair is also a member of the NWA Hall of Fame, the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame, and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame.
- He is widely regarded as one of the greatest wrestlers of all time by his peers, fans, and critics. He has been named Wrestler of the Year by Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) eight times, more than any other wrestler.
- He has headlined several major pay-per-view events, including Starrcade, WrestleMania, Royal Rumble, and SummerSlam.
- Ric Flair has had memorable feuds and matches with some of the biggest names in wrestling history, such as Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Sting, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Edge, and John Cena.
Ric Flair Social Media
Ric Flair is active on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Cameo. He uses these platforms to interact with his fans, promote his brand, share his opinions on wrestling and other topics, post pictures and videos of his family and friends, and showcase his trademark style and catchphrases.
FAQs about Ric Flair
How old is Ric Flair?
Ric Flair is 74 years old as of September 2023. He was born on February 25, 1949.
How many children does Ric Flair have?
Ric Flair has four children from his second marriage to Elizabeth Harrell. They are David Flair, a former wrestler; Megan Fliehr, an actress; Reid Flair, a wrestler who died in 2013; and Ashley Fliehr, better known as Charlotte Flair, a current WWE wrestler and champion.
What is Ric Flair’s real name?
Ric Flair’s signature move is the figure-four leglock, a submission hold that he has used to make many opponents tap out. His catchphrase is “Woo!”, a loud and high-pitched exclamation that he often shouts during his matches and interviews.
Stay tuned with The iBulletin for more updates!