Now no need spend money to download ringtones for your iPhone from iTunes, you can create your own ringtone from any music track in your iTunes library. You don’t need to download any extra software for this. Check below for how to create the ringtone for your iPhone from the iTunes library.
How to set any song as iPhone ringtone
- Launch your iTunes library and select the song which you want to set as an iPhone ringtone. Right click on the song which you want to set as ringtone, a menu will pop-up and click on get info.
- Click on the options on the information window and enter the portion of the song which you would like to have as your ringtone, which should be up to 40 seconds Enter start and stop time in fields and click OK.
- Click on Advanced >> AAC version and convert the song segment to the AAC version.
- After converting you will hear a sound and a file appears below original file with same name, but different length in time column.
- Change the file extension by clicking on file show in windows explorer and right click on the cut song and select rename and replace extension ,m4a with .m4r.
- Keep open Windows Explorer and come back to iTunes and select AAC file and then choose edit, delete from the menu bar. Choose Remove from dialog box and click on keep file in next dialog box and it reimports the files as ringtone instead of mp3 file.
- Open Windows explorer and drag and drop .m4r file into iTunes window and locate file in Ringtone library located at left of application.
- Connect your iPhone to mac or PC and send ringtone file to the device.